Friday, March 15, 2013

Getting away from winter

I had a great plan, travel south during the winter to get away from the cold of Wisconsin.  Apparently Southern California wasn't in on the plan.  I spent last week in San Diego and Los Angeles and I needed to wear a hat.  The temps were higher than my home temps of 20F but they were far from hot.  When I complained to my friends and family back in Wisconsin I was met with very little sympathy and a little mockery.

I learned that professionals that travel a lot tend to get 2 responses to their travel schedules:
  1. "That much travel must be hard."
  2. "You suck! Getting to go to all those great places."
The truth is a little of both.  A career with 50% or more travel takes one away from their family and friends.  This is extra difficult when the children are young.  The upside is that the destinations are different and interesting.  There is little time around work schedules to enjoy all that the different places have to offer but occasionally schedules do allow a little fun. Usually the best things to find are the local restaurant that serves great food.

No comments:

Post a Comment