Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Delayed luggage

You would think that not having luggage would make me cranky but I wasn't in the least.  I knew it was going to be late before I took off.  There was an announcement that my booked flight was delayed by about 5 hours.  There was a rush to the counters to rebook flights and I was in the end of the line.  (I thought I could get my friend the Delta App to help me, apparently we aren't as good of friends as I thought we were.)  When I got to the gate attendant she sent me directly to the next departing flight, I got right on the plane, then the door closed, and we took-off.  There was no time for my bags to get on the plane.  On my layover in Detroit I talked with the nice people at the Help Center and had them start the process of getting my luggage, which was left behind.

I was without my luggage for an entire day.  I was able to go to a local store and buy slacks and a dress shirt for work.  And guess what?!  Delta said they would pay for my new outfit.  Now I just need to figure out how to get reimbursed for my $51 new duds.  I was traveling again (I do that a lot) and stopped in at the luggage office and the nice attendant (OK, she wasn't really that nice, kind of surly) submitted my reimbursement claim and promised I will get my check in 10 days. 

She was very specific about the 10 days for the check to arrive.  Is that odd to you?  That seemed odd to me.

2 comments:

  1. So its almost the 17th have you gotten your check yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received the check on Saturday but Delta trimmed the total down to $50.

    ReplyDelete