Friday, October 26, 2012

Alls well that ends well

As a frequent traveler I don't want to waste any time.  The most important perks from the companies I use when traveling are the time savers.  Sometimes customer service fails and things start to look bad.  I expect the worst and feel like I'll be singing "I Love the Way You Lie" by Eminem, feat. Rhianna.

When I recently arrived in Atlanta, Avis (www.Avis.com) was supposed to have a car waiting for me.  As a Preferred member my name should be on the rental board with the stall number for my waiting car.  This is when things started looking bad because my name wasn't on the board.  Delay #1.  I speak with a service rep and they direct me to a stall where my car is supposed to be waiting.  I get to the car stall on the other end of the parking garage and it is empty.  Delay #2.  I return to the service counter.  I get another stall number with the promise of a car which is located in a further corner of the parking garage in a different direction.  Again, the stall is empty. Delay #3.  I was starting to get a little cranky because of the mounting delays.  My attitude when I returned, yet again, to the service counter was surly.  This time a service rep went to retrieve my car.  As I stood there waiting for my Dodge Avenger, or similar, the service rep pulled up in a brand new Ford Mustang.

My eyes lit up a little and I dreamed a little of cruising the roads of Atlanta in style.  Avis made up for wasting my time.  I don't expect perfection from companies but I expect them to hold up their end of the bargain they used to lure me in as a customer, namely, quick service.  When they don't deliver I want them to make amends.  Otherwise I go to another provider, hence the reason I don't talk about Enterprise Car Rentals.

No comments:

Post a Comment