Monday, October 15, 2012

Planes are not private

I would like to extend my condolences to the gentleman sitting next to me on my last flight.  He was apparently having trouble sleeping because his sleeping pills were not working for him.  He also went through a hectic morning that day because his hotel did not get his wake-up call right.  For him and all people that deal with problems when traveling I dedicate some Sinatra to you, Willow Weep for Me.

I will refrain from a diatribe on sucking it up when things don't work perfectly when traveling.  Suffice to say, with about 2 million air travelers daily (source FAA) there are going to be some people that have less than perfect experiences.  If there is only a 1% problem rate, 20,000 of us travelers will have an issue each day.  Lastly, only idiots rely on wake-up calls from hotels, use the alarm function on your smart phone or the alarm clock in the hotel room.

Whining about your problems on the phone to your loved ones is something we all do from time to time.  Please limit whining to a minimum on the airplane.  On the same note, please don't talk with your neighbor about how well you did on your job interview.  I am pretty sure you didn't seal the deal based on your comments that you never experience conflict in the work place because of your team-work attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment